Here’s what you need…
- 3 cups hot cooked instant rice (cooked as directed on the package, omitting margarine and salt)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 4 frozen breaded chicken substitute patties, thawed, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes cut into thin wedges.
- While rice is cooking, in small bow, combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes; blend well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 2 tablespoons water and zucchini; cover and cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken substitute pieces and tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir cornstarch mixture; added to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve mixture over rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 10g fat, 54g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 13g protein
**Got this recipe from my friend I don’t like spicy foods so I omitted the red pepper flakes and tomatoes, added grilled chicken (sorry my vegetarian friends) and baby corn and this dish was delicious!