Here’s what you need…
- 3 cups hot cooked instant rice (cooked as directed on the package, omitting margarine and salt)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 4 frozen breaded chicken substitute patties, thawed, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes cut into thin wedges.
- While rice is cooking, in small bow, combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes; blend well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 2 tablespoons water and zucchini; cover and cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken substitute pieces and tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir cornstarch mixture; added to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve mixture over rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 10g fat, 54g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 13g protein
**Got this recipe from my friend I don’t like spicy foods so I omitted the red pepper flakes and tomatoes, added grilled chicken (sorry my vegetarian friends) and baby corn and this dish was delicious!
Delicious recipe that was shown on The View. I changed it up a little to make it my own but this is the orginal… I love mac and cheese, this recipe is truly decadent it is SOOOOOOOOO good, but once again this is not for Weight Watchers and Jenny Craigers because one bite and you are going to quit your diet and slap your sponsor…
AH HA! Macaroni and Cheese(Serves 12 to 16)
2 pounds elbow macaroni
12 eggs1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
½ pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
6 cups half-and-half
4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Muenster cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
Directions:Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until still slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm.Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and two cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, three cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining one cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
My friend’s mom’s recipe for green bean casserole… it is quite fattening and tasty I might add… it’s not for you if you are counting calories because it is sooooooooooo full of cheesy good-ness!
Fresh green beans (do not use frozen!!!)
1 block Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of fried onions
Snap the green beans to desired length. Boil green beans in chicken broth until tender (Note: she also adds a hamhock to the broth I don’t because my husband doesn’t eat pork). drain. sautee onions and mushrooms. shred cheese (I usually use about half of the block or more depending on my mood). mix in casserole dish green beans, sauteed mushrooms & onions, cheese and cream of mushroom soup. Bake at 350 for about 15 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven add fried onions around the edge of the dish and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden.